|Date Posted||April 1, 2021|
The Downtown Dispensary's Cultivation is seeking a dedicated Kitchen Technician to join our team. The primary responsibility of the Kitchen Technician will be to assist in the preparation and packaging of our medicated food products.
The Kitchen Technician will need strong organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills to complete the required tasks. Additional required skills include:
- Ability to operate a weighing scale accurately
- Detail oriented while maintaining productivity
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods
- Ability to work in a team or independently, self-motivated
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office and inventory control systems
- Experience working in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Ability to change tasks quickly
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
The Kitchen Technician will have the following core responsibilities:
- Prep, mix, cook, produce, pour, deposit, pull, and store all facility non-medicated ingredients and finished products
- Accurately prepare recipes, workstations and maintain equipment for production
- Ensure proper temperatures, timing, and mixing of ingredients
- Correctly infuse ingredients by thoroughly scraping, turning, lifting and rotating
- Quickly and efficiently separate products from their molds and sort in bins
- Ensure proper storage of all facility consumables and products is in compliance
- Check depositor settings, temperatures, weights, and ingredient prep
- Assure product consistency such as weight, appearance and flavor profile
- Perform visual quality inspections on products, minimize waste where possible
- Effectively communicate information and respond to questions/suggestions from various levels within the company
- Perform other related duties and tasks when requested
- Meet daily, weekly and monthly team and personal quota goals
- Perform team and individual tasks as assigned while maintaining an efficient production pace and speed
- Ensure a safe working environment
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice
- Packaging Product Inventory
- Count, sort, label, assemble, bag, seal, tape, box, and pack inventory for sales
- Reach production quotas by maintaining a quick, effective pace as a team as well as independently
- Quality Control
- Handle products and packaging with care while paying attention to detail
- Notify a supervisor if any inventory product or production equipment appears damaged, spoiled, broken, unusable, or unsatisfactory in any way
- Check all boxes and packages while on the line and alert a supervisor if products or items do not match or are of the wrong quantity
- Alert a supervisor of any discrepancies found during production quality control checks
- Sanitation and Safety Compliance
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe kitchen and packaging area
- Clean production area after every shift
- Sanitize all surfaces
- Notify supervisor if cleaning supplies are low
Kitchen Technicians will be required to have a Food Handler's Card. The Company will pay for the cost.
Enrollment as a patient in Arizona’s Medical Marijuana Program is not required. We follow an equal employment opportunity policy and do not discriminate on any legally recognized basis.
Due to the number of applications for this position, we will contact the best-suited applicants. Applications will be disregarded if phone calls regarding applicant status are made.
You cannot work at any state-licensed dispensary or cultivation in Arizona if you have been convicted of an excluded felony offense as per A.R.S. § 36-2801. This is the definition of an excluded felony offense:
(a) A violent crime as defined in section 13-901.03, subsection B, that was classified as a felony in the jurisdiction where the person was convicted.
A.R.S. § 13-901.03 – B. For the purpose of this section, “violent crime” includes any criminal act that results in death or physical injury or any criminal use of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument.
(b) A violation of a state or federal controlled substance law that was classified as a felony in the jurisdiction where the person was convicted but does not include:
(i) An offense for which the sentence, including any term of probation, incarceration or supervised release, was completed ten or more years earlier.
(ii) An offense involving conduct that would be immune from arrest, prosecution or penalty under section 36-2811 except that the conduct occurred before the effective date of this chapter or was prosecuted by an authority other than the state of Arizona.
AB46 Investments, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity includes, but is not limited to, employment, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination. All applications will be considered only on the basis of the applicant's knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation. It is our established policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.