|Date Posted||April 27, 2021|
The Downtown Dispensary's Cultivation is seeking a dedicated Packaging Technician to join our team. The Packaging Technician will assist in the processing and packaging of product for the Flower Packaging or Concentrates Packaging teams.
The Packaging Technician will need exemplary organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills to complete the required tasks. Additional preferred skills include:
- Excellent computer and analytical skills
- Familiarity with warehouse procedures
- Experience working in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to operate a weighing scale accurately
- Good communication skills
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills on assigned tasks
- Takes accountability for actions and shows initiative
- Detail oriented while maintaining productivity
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods
- Ability to work in a team or independently, self-motivated
The Packaging Technician will have the following responsibilities:
- Packaging product inventory
- Count, sort, label, assemble, bag, seal, tape, box, and pack inventory for sales
- Reach production quotas by maintaining a quick, effective pace as a team as well as independently
- Quality control
- Handle products and packaging with care while paying attention to detail
- Notify a supervisor if any inventory product or production equipment appears damaged, spoiled, broken, unusable, or unsatisfactory in any way
- Check all boxes and packages while on the line and alert a supervisor if products or items do not match or are of the wrong quantity
- Alert a supervisor of any discrepancies found during production quality control checks
- Maintain and comply with sanitation and safety standards. Maintain a clean, organized and safe kitchen and packaging area
- Clean production area after every shift
- Sanitize all surfaces
- Notify supervisor if cleaning supplies are low
- Perform other related duties and tasks when requested
- Meet daily, weekly and monthly team and personal quota goals
- Perform team and individual tasks as assigned while maintaining an efficient production pace and speed
- Ensure a safe working environment
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice
Enrollment as a patient in Arizona’s Medical Marijuana Program is not required. We follow an equal employment opportunity policy and do not discriminate on any legally recognized basis.
Due to the number of applications for this position, we will contact the best-suited applicants. Applications will be disregarded if phone calls regarding applicant status are made.
You cannot work at any state-licensed dispensary or cultivation in Arizona if you have been convicted of an excluded felony offense as per A.R.S. § 36-2801. This is the definition of an excluded felony offense:
(a) A violent crime as defined in section 13-901.03, subsection B, that was classified as a felony in the jurisdiction where the person was convicted.
A.R.S. § 13-901.03 – B. For the purpose of this section, “violent crime” includes any criminal act that results in death or physical injury or any criminal use of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument.
(b) A violation of a state or federal controlled substance law that was classified as a felony in the jurisdiction where the person was convicted but does not include:
(i) An offense for which the sentence, including any term of probation, incarceration or supervised release, was completed ten or more years earlier.
(ii) An offense involving conduct that would be immune from arrest, prosecution or penalty under section 36-2811 except that the conduct occurred before the effective date of this chapter or was prosecuted by an authority other than the state of Arizona.