|Date Posted||October 22, 2017|
The Downtown Dispensary is dedicated to providing excellent patient care on every visit in an efficient and friendly manner. Our full-time Patient Care Consultant (PCC) position is responsible for individualized service, educational consulting, and patient record management. This job pairs unparalleled attention to a patient’s needs with ongoing inventory maintenance.
This is a fast-paced retail job. Each PCC focuses on one patient at a time in a medical boutique setting. The applicant must demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills, effective verbal and listening communications skills, and computer skills including Microsoft Office and the Mac OSX operating system. Accountability, dependability, and adaptability are all necessary skills in a growing industry that strictly complies with the regulations of the Arizona Department of Health Services (AZDHS).
The PCC will need exemplary organizational, interpersonal, and time/stress management skills to complete the required tasks.
The applicant must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
– Benefits and side effects of different kinds of cannabis
– Legal basics of medical marijuana use in Arizona
– Strong math skills for cash handling
– Fundamental strains, genetics, and methods of medicating with marijuana products
A typical day consists of all of the following duties:
– Providing a personal experience to every medical cannabis patient in a non-judgmental and educational environment
– Working in compliance with HIPAA guidelines to manage patient confidentiality
– Dedication to helping Arizona’s medical marijuana community find the best products for their different needs
– Resolving patient questions and identifying concerns regarding cannabis products
– Managing a POS system and AZDHS’s weight allotment system during each transaction
– Maintaining a professional and welcoming environment for our patients
Necessary skills and qualifications:
– Compassion for assisting patients with their ongoing cannabis discovery
– Patience and understanding towards every individual
– Ability to maintain personal and professional standards in varying interactions
– High school degree or general education degree (GED) is required for all positions
– Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from 2-year college or technical school and/or 2+ years of equivalent, verifiable relevant experience preferred
– Must be 21 years of age or older and pass a criminal background check (See above)
Enrollment as a patient in Arizona’s Medical Marijuana Program is not required. We follow an equal employment opportunity policy and do not discriminate on any legally recognized basis.
Due to the number of applications for this position, we will contact the best-suited applicants. Applications will be disregarded if phone calls regarding applicant status are made.
You cannot work at The Downtown Dispensary or any state-licensed dispensary in Arizona if you have been convicted of an excluded felony offense as per A.R.S. § 36-2801. This is the definition of an excluded felony offense:
(a) A violent crime as defined in section 13-901.03, subsection B, that was classified as a felony in the jurisdiction where the person was convicted.
A.R.S. § 13-901.03 – B. For the purpose of this section, “violent crime” includes any criminal act that results in death or physical injury or any criminal use of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument.
(b) A violation of a state or federal controlled substance law that was classified as a felony in the jurisdiction where the person was convicted but does not include:
(i) An offense for which the sentence, including any term of probation, incarceration or supervised release, was completed ten or more years earlier.
(ii) An offense involving conduct that would be immune from arrest, prosecution or penalty under section 36-2811 except that the conduct occurred before the effective date of this chapter or was prosecuted by an authority other than the state of Arizona.